Bachelor in Hospitality Management
- Enable the student to analyze the relationship between functional areas of hospitality and leverage synergies to maximize performance.
- Develop the student’s ability to apply knowledge of financial management to hospitality management.
- Strengthen the student’s ability to apply technology to enhance hospitality organizational performance.
- Enable the student to model the behavior of effective leaders and apply concepts of leadership to hospitality management.
- Instill within the student an understanding of the legal and ethical considerations affecting hotels and food service organizations.
- Provide the student with a global perspective and knowledge of diversity issues related to hospitality management.
Program learning outcomes
- Demonstrate proficiency in the fundamental business practices of hospitality management.
- Understand legal and ethical obligations to guests and employees of hospitality organizations.
- Exhibit leadership skills when managing employees in hospitality organizations across business functions and geographies.
- Apply fundamental business knowledge to help hospitality organizations grow and compete.
- Employ analytical skills to increase revenue and manage costs in a hospitality organization.
- Develop an understanding of the global nature of hospitality and the cultural differences in guests and employees.
- Utilize emerging technologies in hospitality to more effectively manage organizations.
- Understand and engage in research utilizing sound methods learned to add value to his work and the community
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning by participation in professional development activities.