The mission of the Foundation Program is aligned with the College’s overall mission statement. The program will provide a well-structured and competent learning foundation for students, so that they can enroll in the highly rewarding career-oriented undergraduate degree programs at MENA College of Management (MCM) and other universities throughout the UAE.
The major goal of the Foundation program is to develop in students the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for success in college. In order to achieve that goal and honor MCM mission statement, the college is committed to providing a program that:
• Enhances lifelong learning,
• Embraces an integrative learning approach,
• Ensures an interactive learning experience,
• Promotes personal accountability, social responsibility, and integrity,
• Embraces diversity and tolerance for different points of view.
The anticipated learning outcomes for the Foundation Program as a whole are derived from the learning outcomes for the various program components. The learning outcomes of each component were designed according to CAA standards
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Generate and verbalize written works in English by using correct English writing, reading, vocabulary, listening and speaking skills.
2. Generate and verbalize written works in Arabic by using correct Arabic writing, reading, vocabulary, listening and speaking skills.
3. Demonstrate the use of numerical and mathematical skills to solve various mathematical problems within the areas of Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
4. Produce work using knowledge of computer hardware; file management and standard PC software programs.
5. Apply study skills necessary for success at the college level.