|Foundation Program Structure|
|FEC 001||English Communications I (6 contact hours)|
|FSS 001||General Study Skills (3 contact hours)|
|FIT 001||IT Applications (4 contact hours)|
|FEC 002||English Communications II (6 contact hours)|
|FAR 001||Arabic Communications (4 contact hours)|
|Mathematics I (3 contact hours)
(for students who intend to join Arts or Social Studies or Business program)
|FMT 002||Mathematics II (3 contact hours)
(for students who intend to join Science programs)
Evaluation and assessment
Promotion within the Foundation Program is based on grades achieved through assessment methods, such as mid-terms, assignments and final exams. Upon passing, students are promoted to the next level.
To pass the English courses students must pass an English proficiency test (TOEFL or IELTS or other recognized tests by the CAA) at an official testing center.
Earlier valid English proficiency test results will exempt students from enrollment in the English courses under the following conditions:
- TOEFL score of 400 or Band 4 IELTS is required to exit from the course if students wish to proceed to Higher Education programs delivered in the medium of Arabic language.
- TOEFL score of 500 or Band 5 IELTES is required to exit from the course is students wish to proceed to Higher Education programs delivered in medium of English language.
- The same applies to equivalent scores attained through one of the other English proficiency tests recognized by the CAA.
Attendance is compulsory for at least 80 % of the classes, otherwise the course will be declared as not completed.
Completion of the program
The program is completed successfully if the student passes all 5 modules.
- English Communication: Achievement of TOEFL score 500 (173 CBT, 61 iBT). This minimum score applies to students wishing to proceed to Higher Education programs in the medium of English language. A TOEFL score of 400 (97 CBT, 32 iBT) is required if students wish to proceed to Higher Education programs delivered in the medium of Arabic language. However, students wishing to proceed to Higher Education programs in Mass Communication where the medium of instruction is Arabic need at least A TOEFL score of 450. The equivalent IELTS scores are acceptable. And the same applies to equivalent scores attained through one of the other English proficiency tests recognized by the CAA.
- Mathematics I and II: A minimum score of 60 out 100.
- Information Technology: A minimum score of 60 out 100 or Passing the International Computer Driving License (ICDL) tests.
- Arabic Communications: A minimum score of 60 out 100.
- General Study Skills: A minimum score of 60 out 100.
Note: Only “Pass” or “Fail” grades will be reported in the foundation program transcript.
Students begin studies in their major courses in the semester after they satisfy the following criteria:
1) 61 or above on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT)
2) pass all foundation program courses and requirements